Idle Heroes review
The description of Idle Heroes
Idle Heroes is a one-of-a-kind game. While all-out melee and role-playing games on mobile are rare due to the limited hardware, Idle Heroes does offer something much simpler but a whole lot of fun.
Essence of Idle Heroes - 5/5
The game requires you to gather heroes and regularly level them up, learning what the best formations are, which heroes to upgrade and which ones to discard. Heroes are given a star rating, with 5-star heroes generally preferred over other classes. Keeping heroes is a means of investing in them. Therefore, as the game unravels, you’ll realize that there are heroes you don’t want to keep. For example, 3-star heroes have no use beyond level 30, and some 4-stars can be used to craft better 5-star heroes in later levels where they will be useful. As you continue to level up, your opponents keep up, and you’ll meet some epic bosses and tough battles along the way.
Graphics and Audio - 4.5/5
The graphics are colorful and vibrant, and their unique rendering brings the 2D environment to life. Not only is there depth to the surroundings but texture as well, though there may be some differences across mobile devices. The artwork is also done beautifully, the heroes are unique, and everything comes alive with special effects. The soundtrack gives you that surreal ambience and relaxes you into the mood of the game.
Controls - 4/5
Probably the least pleasurable part about the game is the controls. Once you arrange your heroes in the desired formation, you simply tap anywhere on-screen, and they will attack. That’s pretty much it. It is simple yet efficient, but you would expect more from a game like this with stunning graphics and a great soundtrack. It probably comes down to the game’s intent of strategy as opposed to combat.
Immersion - 5/5
Idle Heroes is not a game that you can clear in a day or possibly even a week. You’re bound to take a bit of time to understand just how the hero system works and what configurations you should use for your troops in battle. The game doesn’t penalize you for failing. The idle system keeps earning you in-game money even while offline so that you can purchase your desired classes of heroes.
- Has over 200 heroes that you can level up;
- Beautiful graphics;
- Surreal soundtrack that sets the mood exceptionally;
- Enthralling gameplay.
- Grinding may take longer due to high in-game prices;
- More involved controls would be welcome;
2. We enhanced the skills of Kharma.
3. Adjusted the Settlement Rewards for Crystal Crown League, Trial Of The Champion, Free Team-up Arena.
4. Added Flop Rewards at the end of each single battle in Free Team-up Arena.
5. Adjusted the contents of Casino Lucky Store and Trial Of The Champion Store.
6. Now you can long press the upgrade button to quickly upgrade the hero.
7. Other game optimizations and BUG fixed.